Blog Archive

Saturday 6 January 2018

New year, new books

Acording to Goodreads I read 44 books last year. I fell short 6 books of my goal but I don't even mind. I mostly just wanted to read more and I achieved that goal. I gave up fitting books to the Helmet reading challenge and have no idea how many I actually read for it. I decided to give the challenge another go and combine it with a second challenge.

Here is a link to Helmet reading challenge if you want to start the journey with me. It has the list in Finnish and English so more people can join.
http://www.helmet.fi/en-US/Events_and_tips/News_flash/The_Helmet_Reading_Challenge_2018(156006)

The second challenge is simple and I'm hoping I can combine it with Helmet but if not it shouldn't be a huge problem. Simply read one book a month from your own bookshelves that you haven't read yet. Every year I buy few dozen new books and rarely actually read them as I'm just overwhelmed. Even clearing up 12 books this year would help a bit.

I'm almost finished with my first book of the year, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone. I haven't read Potter books since they came out so figured I'd re-read them. I'm sure the reading experience will be different after all these years. First book also fits Helmet challenge as the one that starts a book series so that is a nice bonus.

Any challenges you are taking part this year? Or maybe you just have a reading goal? I hope everyone has a great year with some lovely books!

No comments:

Post a Comment